A range of coping mechanisms anyone can call upon –
• Get enough rest and sleep.
• Make time for yourself every day to be alone and quiet.
• Make sure you get outside to refresh your connection to nature.
• Maintain an active life—don’t be chained to the situation.
• Share duties and responsibilities. Ask for help before you feel overwhelmed.
• Pursue a regular routine—this helps offset unpredictable events.
• Find an activity that makes you feel in control.
• Find a confidant with whom you can share your feelings without judgment. • Don’t martyr yourself by taking on more than you can handle.
• Fight the urge to feel victimized.
• Don’t isolate yourself—keep up your social activity.
• Seek out people in the same situation who can empathize with you and offer positive support.
• Resist self-judgment. Be easy on yourself, accepting the ups and downs of emotions as natural.
• Where there is the possibility of finding joy, pause to appreciate it.
2 thoughts on “coping mechanisms”
Very important to listen to these wonderful teachings, thanks for sharing 🙂
So important ❤ I found sleep has been so important for me recently